An Occupational Safety and Health Management System (SGSSO) helps protect the company and its employees. OHSAS 18001 is an internationally accepted specification that defines the requirements for the establishment, implementation and operation of an effective SGSSO.
OHSAS 18001 is therefore aimed at organizations committed to the safety of their staff and workplace and seeks to achieve the following objectives:
· Create the best possible working conditions throughout your organization
· Identify risks and establish controls to manage them
· Reduce the number of accidents at work and sick leave to reduce the costs and downtime associated with them
· Engage and motivate staff with better and safer working conditions
· Demonstrate compliance to customers and suppliers